I first met TJ back in 2011, when the advisor I was working with was invited to be interviewed by CNBC. I sought TJ out to help us prepare for the interview and TJ’s media and communication coaching was so powerful, I ended flying to NYC and hiring him multiple times to be the on-air talent to record an annuity infomercial that later received millions of views.
TJ is the epitome of creating “omnipresence” in his niche. TJ has has appeared on more than 2,000 network news programs, including on Bloomberg TV, Fox Business News, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News Channel, BBC, Al Jazeera, RT, NBC, ABC, E! and Comedy Central, think of any news network and it’s very likely that TJ has been interviewed on it.
He’s trained mutual fund managers, hedge fund managers and top executives at most major banks. He has also trained Presidents of countries, Prime Ministers, Nobel Peace Prize winners, Super Bowl winners, US Senators, Miss Universes and Members of Parliament and is an incredibly captivating storyteller.
So today TJ reveals his tips on how to deliver an incredibly memorable interview and presentation. TJ walk you his little-known language patterns to have your message remembered by your audience.
We also discuss how to package up your message into what TJ calls “sound bytes” that get picked up and quoted by the media.
Love or hate him, Donald Trump is getting a TON of media attention!
TJ deconstructs the communication techniques that Donald Trump is using and how you can use it to your advantage and deliver your message in a powerful and memorable way!
Today it’s my privilege to welcome TJ Walker, the highest paid media trainer to our podcast. Click the link below to listen to this enlightening interview:
- 2:23 – Introduction of TJ
- 3:04 – TJ tell us how he got started and how that translates to what he does today
- 4:52 – What tips TJ has for advisors to hone in on their skills
- 6:40 – TJ explains the “problem” & how he teaches you as an advisor to get your audience to remember your message and speak effectively every time
- 9:20 – How TJ teaches being memorable in media or public speaking
- 13:22 – How TJ deconstructs a “sound byte”
- 16:15 – TJ explains how advisors can go about putting together “sound bytes” for an interview
- 18:30 – What’s working now and how advisors can amplify their message
- 22:25 – How to draw the line and find the medium threshold without sounding outrageous
- 27:33 – The typical way TJ works with someone and what happens in his trainings
- 30:00 – Number 1 piece of advice from TJ
- 31:04 – Tips from TJ to get more comfortable and calm nerves
- 35:15 – Why TJ believe there’s no such thing as a formal presentation
- 36:40 – Who TJ recommends you follow and why
- 40:10 – TJ’s message to everyone
- 41:54 – Best way to connect with TJ
- 43:13 – Closing comments
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Have you subscribed to the Advisor Internet Marketing Podcast on iTunes yet?
If you love to show, please click here to leave a review and let Apple know!
Thanks so much for joining us for this episode. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Thanks for joining us, until next time!