Welcome to our very first episode of Advisors of Influence. As you may know, I launched a podcast back in January 2016 called the Advisor Internet Marketing Podcast.
What makes this show different from anything else I’ve ever done before, is that this show has everything and nothing to do with building a financial practice.
Here’s what I mean. There’s actually a lot of decent podcasts catering to financial advisors to help them grow their practice, but what I feel is missing right now is a show that delves into topics like deepening your spirituality and faith, how to ensure that you’re fit and healthy while building your business, or how to maintain healthy and flourishing relationships with your spouse, children and friends while running a successful practice.
Over the last decade in my pursuit for building a successful business for myself, I found myself a bit one-dimensional in my focus and recognized there were other areas of life that I want to cultivate and bring more attention to.
Which led me on this journey to seek out mentors, business coaches, entrepreneurs, and even pastors in my pursuit of growing as a person — and thus my level of influence and impact.
The reality is that I’ve actually been thinking about launching this podcast over the last few years, but in my mind it wasn’t the right time…until now.
This new podcast is a way for me to document my own personal journey. I’d like to think of it as a buffet of ideas that I can share with you to hopefully help you in your own pursuit of living life to its fullest.
In today’s show, I’ll be interviewing Cody Foster. Cody is the Co-Founder of Advisors Excel based out of Topeka, KS. Advisors Excel is the single largest FMO / annuity wholesaler in our industry and they specialize in helping independent financial advisors become great business owners.
Since founding Advisors Excel in 2005, they have grown from 3 founders to over 650 employees today, making them one of the largest employers in the nation. Cody has been featured in multiple publications, most notably Success Magazine, Darren Hardy’s best-selling book, “The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster” and Tony Robbins’ #1 New York Times bestseller, “Money, Master the Game.”
Cody is also an investor and is involved in real estate and other businesses and plays a critical role in the redevelopment efforts of downtown Topeka, KS. I actually stayed in his hotel, The Cyrus Hotel, when we visited the Advisors Excel office.
I think you’ll enjoy today’s interview where we cover everything from leadership development to how Cody has turned a tragedy into a noble mission of helping people overcome mental illness and depression.
I actually recorded this interview back in December, which is why you’ll hear me reference holidays and things like that, and I’ve been really looking forward to getting this show launched and ready for you to listen.
Click below to check it out:
- What successful advisors are doing right now to navigate their practice during the pandemic.
- Why some advisors had the best year ever, while others had the worst year of their career.
- How to tap into the “diamonds under your feet” to generate more business.
- Be on guard and be protective of what you let into your mind, and how Cody feeds his mind with inspiring wisdom and spiritual nourishment.
- Who is the most notable and inspiring guest that Cody invited to speak on their platform (hint: it’s a former president of the United States).
- How John C. Maxwell brings a heightened sense of presence and focus when conversing with people.
- How Cody turned the tragedy of losing his friend to suicide and depression into helping raise awareness and providing help to those who suffer from mental health challenges.
- Why Advisors Excel chose to enter into a strategic partnership with AIM, and our shared vision to help advisors build successful location-independent businesses.
- The power of being committed to being a great leader and why it’s noble and admirable to give your clients freedom to not have to worry about their finances (especially right now).