After being in this industry for over the last decade, we’ve attended our fair share of advisor training events – and I’m sure you have as well.
We’ve all seen the featured top producers share on the stage how they have built a successful practice that is crushing annuity sales records: 20, 30, 40, 50M+ in annual annuity production.
But here’s the part of the story that most leave out…
Most of the top-producing advisors tend to have the following:
- Large and fancy office
- Large staff comprised of admins, associate advisors, marketing team, appointment setters (the list goes on and on…)
- Massive marketing budget to pay for FB ads, dinner seminars, live events, educational classes, radio shows, etc.
- Sizeable, total addressable local market of prospects (densely populated area of Baby Boomers to market to)
- Over a decade in the trenches growing a large book of clients to remarket and sell to
Most advisors do NOT want any of those things… now granted there are some that want to build a traditional brick-and-mortar practice, with staff meetings, dinner seminars and educational classes, news interviews, radio shows… etc.
And here’s the dirty little secret…
Trying to replicate a traditional “top-producing” advisor’s results is virtually impossible – unless you have all of the critical items that I identified above.
So the question you need to ask yourself is:
Do you want to build a traditionally successful practice with all the overhead, costs, and necessary staff?
If that is you, then you should stop reading this blog.
If you’re looking for more time freedom, more income and the ability to build your business literally from anywhere that you have an internet connection and a cell phone, then I’d encourage you to keep reading…
Long gone are the days, where advisors need to “own” their local market area with dinner seminars, educational classes, radio shows, or build out fancy offices with costly overhead.
A new trend is emerging of “virtual” advisors that are transitioning to a fully virtual or “hybrid” practice.
Is it really possible to build a location-independent practice?
Meet Mike, an advisor out of Boca Raton, Florida.
Several years ago, Mike grew tired of running retirement workshops and dinner seminars and wanted to make a change.
Fast forward to today, Mike ditched wearing suits, kicked dinner seminars to the curb, and has written over 6M in annuity business so far this year.
Here are some other quick facts about Mike:
- Added over 6M in annuity business YTD
- Has zero support staff or admin
- Has no office, Mike literally works from his 6,000 sq ft dream home in a tank top and shorts in Florida (prior to working with us, Mike lived in a humble townhouse a fraction of the size of his new home)
- Hosts zero dinner seminars or live events
- Has not authored a book, does not host a radio show
- Does not publish any content online (videos, blogs, etc.)
- Does not meet with clients in-person
- Does not implement any digital marketing himself
So how did he do it?
That’s exactly what we covered in this episode of the Annuity Experts Show.
I conducted a no-holds-barred interview with Mike and we dug deep into how he successfully transitioned his practice from physical to digital (with no office, no staff and working from anywhere).
Not only that, you’ll learn:
- How he gets in front of more qualified prospects without leaving home, wearing shorts and a tank top.
- His step-by-step process to guide prospects from start to finish using only technology.
- How he converts prospects into clients without meeting them in person.
- How he leveraged digital marketing to get a steady stream of high-quality leads to his practice every week (this alone could add 3 to 5M of annuity business to your practice this year).
- And much more!
The best part is, you can duplicate Mike’s remarkable results if you plug into the same winning system and are committed to growing your practice.
Even if you love hosting seminars and retirement workshops, you’ll walk away with a proven sales process that will delight your clients with value and help you close more business.
Here’s a breakdown of key points if you want to jump to the good stuff:
- 3:46 – Numbers: what results Mike has produced (HINT, Mike closes more business virtually than most advisors do in-person).
- 10:44 – A look at how Mike built his dream lifestyle and home around his business.
- 22:15 – How he mastered the art and science of virtual selling and how long it took to transition.
- 25:04 – How many leads he pulls in per month and his closing ratio.
- 27:07 – How do you explain that you work with Annuity Gator but are also independent?
- 30:39 – How he conducts the very first call (and not spend 2 hours).
- 36:14 – Why he does NOT use a webcam for meetings (the answer might surprise you).
- 38:00 – The secret to Mike’s success and how he created a winning mindset.
- 46:56 – How he guides prospects through the annuity selection process.
- 54:24 – Mike’s streamlined 2nd & 3rd appointment process (and why Mike eliminated one appointment altogether).
- 57:56 – How he goes for the close.
- 1:00:03 – How he organizes his virtual desktop and workflow.
- 1:02:30 – Business, sales process, lifestyle Q&A with Mike.
Mike is a shining example of how a struggling advisor can turn it all around working smarter not harder by plugging into the right marketing system.
Get the inside track on how you can propel your practice into the top 1% of independent advisors and be like Mike.
P.S. Want to learn more about our done-for-you digital marketing program?
Call us at (520) 639-9479 or…
P.P.S Want to discover the truth about digital marketing in our industry and why 87% of advisors’ digital marketing campaigns don’t work? Click the link below to download our exclusive report:
→ How To Attract Endless Annuity Prospects & Clients Automatically
If you’re considering different digital marketing programs, be sure to check out:
→ The 10 Top Questions You Should Ask Your Marketing Service Provider
Want to see how we generate leads and appointments, watch:
→ NO B.S. Digital Marketing – How To Generate Endless Annuity Leads & Qualified Appointments in the Digital Age