While drinking Pacifico beers at a beach resort in Baja, Mexico, Jeff and a co-worker dreamed of building a successful “location independent” insurance agency. Fast forward to today, where Jeff’s internet life insurance agency has brought in over 20,000 leads in 2015 alone.
Jeff Root is the founder of SellTermLife.com and the host of the Modern Life Insurance Selling Podcast that teaches thousands of insurance agents how to sell online, over the phone and anywhere with an Internet connection.
Jeff started out with ZERO knowledge of online marketing and built his entire agency himself from the ground up. Jeff walks you through his systematic approach to sales and marketing that have allowed him to place over 3,000 life insurance policies over the phone.
- 4:10 – Jeff Root’s background and how he got started
- 5:24 – How Jeff learned to generate his own leads and now has over 3,000 clients (and has only met 5 Face to Face)
- 7:39 – What Jeff discovered that has made the most impact on his ROI (return on investment)
- 8:30 – The mistake Jeff says most advisors make
- 9:17 – Jeff gives details on how he targets specific demographics
- 11:38 – Jeff’s two-pronged approach to to success in the online market
- 13:16 – Jeff describes how he spies on his competitors and how it helps him be more successful at targeting prospects
- 14:15 – Why Jeff says CRMs are the key to success
- 14:40 – How Jeff uses queue based selling
- 15:44 – Jeff describes his automated sales process and how his reps make 150-200 dials/day using no list to make calls
- 17:03 – Why Jeff says the most valuable tool in his business is his database of follow-ups
- 18:29 – Jeff describes why the system is so important and how he leverages technology to remove the human element
- 19:20 – How Jeff gets the biggest ROI by following up with leads for a full year
- 20:45 – How Jeff gets the prospect to say why they want his product and how that builds trust
- 22:28 – Jeff tells us how he uses the source of his leads to talk to prospects
- 23:56 – What is the one key phrase that Jeff uses to get prospects to move forward
- 25:06 – Why Jeff outsources his copy and ads
- 27:20 – How Jeff can now work anywhere in the world that has an internet connection which allowed him to spend 3 months in Europe without skipping a beat
- 29:30 – Why Jeff believes the internet is the way you need to prospect
- 34:08 – The books jeff is reading now
- 35:48 – Jeff describes why he believes you must focus on one action and do it for an hour everyday
- 37:50 – How you can connect with Jeff and learn about the training program he has to help you duplicate his success
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Have you subscribed to the Advisor Internet Marketing Podcast on iTunes yet?
If you love to show, please click here to leave a review and let Apple know!
Thanks so much for joining us for this episode. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Thanks for joining us, until next time!