I’m really thrilled to have Jeff as our very first guest on our brand new podcast. Jeff is what I would consider to be a “unicorn” in our industry because very few advisors have been able to build a list of 26,000 subscribers with their blog website.
His story will inspire you that it truly is possible to build your dream business that support the lifestyle you desire. We even dive into actual revenue numbers, you’ll be shocked just how passive income (it’s in the HUNDREDS of thousands) Jeff is making from his blog website…which is in addition to his financial practice.
If you’re just getting started with building an internet marketing presence for your practice, this interview is for you. Jeff breaks down everything he has done to build his blog website and the critical mistakes he made early on and how you can avoid making them yourself.
Jeff also reveals a new program he’s creating for advisors to be able to duplicate what he has one online.
- 3:12 – Jeff rose’s background and story
- 4:46 – Why Jeff Rose dropped his Series 7 license
- 5:58 – Why Jeff launched his blog in the first place
- 10:37 – Jeff’s first success story: landed first client $2MM through the blog website
- 11:57 – Jeff’s got a book deal (“Soldier of Finance”) because his book publisher’s saw his website stats and his email subscriber list
- 13:01 – Jeff’s website became a separate revenue source and surpassed $350,000 in revenue (not including his financial planning practice revenue)
- 14:18 – Why Jeff loves the passive income from his blog website
- 16:12 – How Jeff makes his blog income from companies that advertise on his website
- 16:41 – Over 16,000 visitors came into his website in one single day and how he monetizes each visitor
- 18:24 – Jeff has over 23,000 email subscribers on his list
- 18:58 – The two biggest mistakes that Jeff made when he launched his website: 1) he launched his website without a way to capture email addresses 2) when he started collected emails, he did not have an offer to give web visitors
- 21:15 – Why Jeff is using webinars to convert leads into clients and how it compares to a dinner seminar
- 24:40 – How $5.8MM in potential assets came as a result of hosting the webinar
- 25:42 – Jeff likes live webinars vs automated webinars because he likes to have a live Q and A at the very end of the webinar
- 27:32 – How Jeff setup his financial planning practice to serve clients generated from his blog website
- 28:54 – Why he uses BlueLeaf to aggregates all off is clients in one place and sets his practice ahead of the competition
- 29:56 – Jeff only wants to work no more than 16 hours at his office this year and work more from his home office.
- 30:46 – Why Jeff switched to zoom.us from join.me to enhance and deepen the connection and personal relationship with his prospects and clients. Jeff also will be using video recap follow-up emails using password protected videos hosted on vimeo.
- 34:18 – Jeff surveys readers to learn about the demographics of his audience and to help him identify which topics to cover in his webinar and his blog content
- 37:28 – Tips to getting started when launching your very first blog, or if you have a blog already, how can you ensure you’re building a blog that produces results
- 39:48 – Jeff uses Mobile Assistant to transcribe his voice (sometimes while driving) to quickly and efficiently produce content for his blog website. You can use rev.com to transcribe recorded audio from you smartphone
- 41:42 – Jeff follows Patt Flynn of SmartPassiveincome.com and recently joined Michael Hyatt’s high level mastermind group
- 41:13 – Jeff learned from Micheal Hyatt Slack.com to communicate with his entire team and SweetProcess.com to document all of standard operating procedures
- 44:12 – How you can connect with Jeff learn about his new training program to help advisors duplicate Jeff’s blogging formula to grow their business
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Have you subscribed to the Advisor Internet Marketing Podcast on iTunes yet?
If you love to show, please click here to leave a review and let Apple know!
Thanks so much for joining us for this episode. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Thanks for joining us, until next time!