Financial Advisor Marketing in the 21st Century
Warning: This video might force you to rethink everything you thought that you knew about marketing…
I came across this guy Marcus Sheridan in the foreword of one of my favorite marketing books of 2014 called “Youtility – Why Smart Marketing is about Help, not Hype.” His company story is not only amazingly effective, it’s also amazingly simple… and any of you can implement this as your own personal financial advisor marketing game-changing platform.
Personally, I have yet to come across a message like this that reinforces everything that Luke and I have been teaching you about content driven marketing. And this 12 minute power-packed message proves that it can be life changing for you and your practice if implemented.
Let Truth and Transparency Change Everything
The takeaway you should come away with in this financial advisor marketing message is that marketing in today’s world is about giving the following to your audience:
- Your goal should be to give away as much free education as possible
- To answer as many of your ideal prospects questions right on your site/blog/videos
- To win over clients and prospects through content-driven transparency and value, versus misleading advertisements and pushy sales language
- To build up so much trust and goodwill by being helpful that prospects are begging to work with you, versus the other way around
Not only can content-based transparent marketing work, but YOU CAN DO IT. This Ted speaker Marcus Sheridan proves that transparent, content marketing applies to any business, and that the excuse of “But my business is different” is not applicable. Finally, as you embark on any kind of financial advisor marketing platforms in the future, ask yourself the following:
- Does your marketing content scream transparent value add to your prospect where you are teaching them how to do something or how to enhance their life (all for free before meeting you), or does it scream “Buy Now, Book an Appointment Now, etc”?
- Then ask yourself which method in #1 you would prefer if the roles were reversed…
P.S. – If you would like to learn exactly how to do transparent content marketing as a financial advisor, make sure to check out our Ultimate Digital Marketing Recipe (which is currently 75% off and will no longer be available to the public starting July 1st)