Everyone these days seems to own an email. And everyone seems to send and receive emails on a daily basis in our industry. Yet, very few financial advisors truly understand the right and wrong way to achieve the highest possible ROI on your emails. Because believe it or not, email marketing boils down to a science, and you must have the proper systems in place to maximize it.
How we make email Marketing for Financial Advisors Easy
Did you know that a study from the DMA (Direct Marketing Association) revealed that email marketing (when properly used) resulted in average ROI’s upwards of $45 for every $1 spent. And once you have a system in place to achieve these kinds of returns of investment, it is like owning a money tree. All you need is to be able to build up your email list (and do NOT EVER buy a list), and you are off to making some serious money.
But there are some very important email marketing for financial advisors best practices that you must adhere to first:
- Your headline (aka email subject line) is the most important part of the equation. If your subject line doesn’t get people to click the email, you can have the best content in the world to show them, but they will never see it. I spend just as much time writing the subject line as I do the email body in many cases.
- Never give your entire message in the email. The email should be short with links to take them where you want them to go next
- Your email needs to be just enough to explain the value and benefit to them if they click the link
- Then, take them to your blog, website, or landing page using the links in the email
- 2-4 links in every email is an ideal number
- Make sure that there is plenty of white space in your email. A cramped email full of text is not likely to work well
- Speaking of text, use text-based email instead of big, bulky banners and themed email templates. Think about the emails that you generally read from friends and family. Are they text based or does your mom put big banners and use a business template every time she sends an email? You want to blend in and be seen as a friend, not someone selling something
- Don’t EVER buy a list
- To get more tips on email marketing for financial advisors, make sure to check out the full video above.
And please don’t forget to SHARE this blog using the social share buttons. Thank you as always!
P.S. – If you haven’t downloaded my FREE 7 Sneaky Email Secrets for Financial Advisors, do it here.